Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Word of the Year...

Layla over at The Lettered Cottage is hosting a word of the year link party...so here goes mine.

HEART


Well, here's why...  The year 2011 brought many things, both great and sad.  Every one of those experiences has changed me. And in some ways I dealt with them good and in other ways I wish my response to them would have been more positive, perhaps in a more loving way. And now, as I look back I wouldn't change anything but I know deep down in my heart each and every thing that happened is a blessing.

Last year I gained new amazing friends and lost some, had a beautiful baby girl, had some postpartum depression, we got to keep our home (which we almost lost), I learned to be a mom of four (geesh still learning), I grew spiritually, my marriage is stronger, and sadly lost my family (not in a dying way but that's another post).  I also learned to love and accept me more, I did a lot of comparing, I had some harsh feelings towards others and had some pity parties for myself.  The list could go on and on...

And so this year I have committed to do everything with my heart.  I want to do everything more lovingly and more wholeheartedly.  I want to listen and follow it without any reservations.  I want to love myself more and not be so hard on myself, have more faith.  Comparison is nasty, I refuse to do that this year. I want to love others, truly be happy for everyone and everyone's accomplishments or blessings.  I want to love my trials/experiences whether good or bad and grow from them and hopefully in return bless others.  People come in and out of our lives all the time, I want to embrace that and love it and be grateful for those whom did love me and were there for me some point in my life even if it was short or it didn't turn out how I wanted it too.  I want to spend more time loving those around me: my kiddos, my hubby, my friends, strangers, family, and anyone I come to know.

In the end, it all comes back to my heart. I want to genuinely say I followed it this year.

So here is to another year...hopefully an amazing 2012 for all of us.  Lets embrace whatever may come!!!

What is your word of the year???



No comments:

Post a Comment