Thursday, January 12, 2012

A little Chalk Painting

Let me start by saying that I had before pictures of my furniture below, but of course, I couldn't find them. That is really the story of my life...I can never find half of my stuff. So just work with me and hopefully you can kinda see the before.

I know in 2011 the big thing was Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  And for many the hold back was the cost for a quart...$39 for me.  But I went ahead and bought me some Old White and a Clear Wax.  I have to say I like the paint A LOT but I am not sure if I love it. I won't go into pro's and con's but what I will say is that I don't regret getting it. I have painted two pieces of furniture and have a few more that I would like to do and I will surely use the chalk paint.  Its super easy to paint with (like butta) and amazing to distress.  Nonetheless...I will stop chit-chatting and show you the magic.

I bought these two desks in separate places but the one I painted actually looked 'just' like the one pictured.  You could tell they were older pieces with original stain and needed some TLC.  The one I painted was purchased at a Barn Sale and right away I loved the piece:  the lines, the legs, and the simplicity.


Here is the desk/table all painted in Old White...with some distressing and clear wax.










I have moved this table around and used it for many things but currently its a side table next to my sectional.  I know the height of it is not to decorating standards (its too high compared to the couch) but I like the look and it fills the space next to the couch perfectly.



This next piece, a small hutch, I purchased at a place called "Treasures n Junk."  Don't you just love that name. It was hiding in someones space and I snagged her.  It was originally a Robin's Egg Blue-ish color but the color just stood out too much in my home. I went ahead and painted it in Old White and have yet to distress or wax.  I keep holding off (its been 3+ months) because I don't know if I want to go the distressing route.  I think I may keep it this way and just wax.  Its a small piece that doesn't take too much room and holds some of my white pieces just perfectly.



The hutch came with a small door attached on the bottom part.  When I painted it I left it off. I have put it up so you can get an idea of the color and what it looked like before it was painted.






Linking up to the following parties...you should join in on the fun.

   

The Shabby Nest     Photobucket          

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love what you've done! Thanks for bringing your ideas to the party.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects. The table is sooo sweet! Who wouldn't love to have that hutch!
    thank you very much for linking up and linking back to Catch as Catch Can.
    gail
    ps "catching" you this week!

    ReplyDelete